Benefits of Floatation Therapy
THE SWIMAVA STARTER RING gently supports the head above water allowing your infant to float and enjoy free mobility of its arms and legs. This “treading” motion is one of the first steps to early water safety and aids in the development of muscle coordination, balance, stamina, and breathing. Enjoy quality child-caregiver bonding while you’re infant experiences some of his first independent water time.
There are many benefits for both babies and parents when enjoying FLOATATION THERAPY /HYDROTHERAPY. Babies develop more quickly both physically and mentally due to the complete physical workout during their session. It strengthens the babies heart and lungs and in turn helps with the development of the brain, and parents get to have more bonding time with their babies.
Here are 5 reasons why we believe Floatation Therapy for babies are a must:
1. IT BOOSTS CONFIDENCE
Introducing children to water at a very young age helps prevent a fear of water developing later. Exercises that involve moving independently in water for your baby’s confidence. You’ll be so proud of what your baby can do.
2. IT DEVELOPS THEIR CO-ORDINATION
Being in the water helps improve co-ordination and balance. For example, a 2009 study by the Norwegian University of Science & Technology found that babies who swim have better balance and can grasp objects more easily.
3. IT BUILDS THEIR STRENGTH
Babies exercise their muscles more effectively in water than on land. Research shows that swimming babies crawled later but walked earlier, thanks to their excellent muscle control.
4. IT ENHANCES THEIR WELL-BEING
Warm water relaxes your baby, and swimming stimulates their appetite; for you, the good news is improved sleeping and eating patterns!
5. YOU CAN START FROM BIRTH
You don’t need to wait until your baby has had his or her vaccinations before they go swimming (even underwater).
FLOATATION THERAPY SAFETY
• The Swim Ring is suitable for infants the moment they lose their umbilical chord to approximately 18 months.
Minimum weight 5.5kg (12lbs) – Maximum weight 13kg (29lbs).
• Our floatation devices feature a dual compartmentalized air chambers.
• The Swim Ring is made of high quality hypo-allergenic PVC plastic and free from Bisphenol-A
• The infant is never left unattended when using the Swim Ring.
• The infant is always within arm’s length of their parent and a supervisor.
• The infant is floating in shallow water and can touch the bottom of the tank with their toes.
• For safety reasons, our Swim Rings are replaced every 17 months following the date it was purchase.
For any other questions or concerns contact ifloatbabyspa
or visit www.ifloatbabyspa.com